IN this article the health benefits of the Spinach vegetable are described. This vegetable contains low fat and it has a low level of cholesterol.
Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
One cup of raw spinach contains 27 calories, 0.86 grams of protein, 30 milligrams of calcium, 0.81 grams of iron, 24 milligrams of magnesium, 167 milligrams of potassium, 2813 IUs of Vitamin A and 58 micrograms of folate.
Most of the calories in spinach come from protein. Below I have discussed the ten benefits of spinach.
1. It stimulates the growth of children. Spinach vegetable is very nice for consumption, especially for children. This is because there is iron in spinach therefore it is useful to encourage teenagers or toddlers who are growing to eat this vegetable. But the vegetable should not be overcooked. Overcooking of spinach will destroy the enzymes.
Hence when you eat it while it has been overcooked it is like eating dead food.
2. It maintains digestion. Spinach vegetables contain vitamin C and beta-carotene, of which both are great for keeping the body cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. This vegetable when it is being cooked should be covered.
3. Healthy brain. Another Spinach Health benefit is that it keeps the brain healthy. Spinach leaves are also useful and efficacious for brain health. The content of vitamin K in spinach will keep the brain and nervous system and synthesis of a chemical called sphingolipids.
4. Maintains a healthy skin. Spinach is beneficial for maintaining healthy skin. The content of vitamin A in spinach plays this role. By eating lots of spinach, then the skin will be healthy, moist and always seems to shine and toned.
5. Maintains bones health. The next Spinach Health Benefit is for maintaining bones health. Spinach can maintain bone density, so it does not experience osteoporosis. In one cup of spinach you obtain 1000 percent of the RDA of vitamin K, which is useful for preventing damage to bone cells.
6. Healthy eyes. Spinach contains some antioxidants that are helpful in protecting the eyes from the harmful effects of ultraviolet light and cataract problems that occur because of older age.
7. Lowers blood pressure. Spinach is also beneficial for reducing blood pressure. In spinach there are substances called angiotensin and peptides that are beneficial for reducing high blood pressure.
8. Benefits of spinach to diet. For those people who are on a diet they can try eating spinach. Spinach can be exquisite for digestion. One cup of spinach contains 20 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) of dietary fiber. It is beneficial for digestion; it prevents constipation, also it controls blood sugar thus helping it to remain low.
9. Prevents Cancer. Spinach is a rich source of flavonoids; this is a chemical called phytonutrient that slows down cells division in the stomach and cancer cells. Consuming spinach is also beneficial to make stay free from an aggressive prostate cancer.
10. Anti-inflammatory. Neoxanthin and Violaxanthin are two substances that are found in spinach that play an important role to influence inflammation. Both of these substances control inflammatory processes that regulate the process of inflammation in the body.